Wednesday, December 14, 2005

And the beat goes on

So I have been compulsively buying CD's the last couple of weeks, like seven of them. I guess I just love music ... alot.

Heres the list, in order of purchase:
The Great Divide - Former lead singer of Creed, Scott Stapp's first solo project. A little dissapointing. Just not the same without Mark Tremonti there to back him up.

One Day Remains by Alter Bridge - Kind of funny, this is Creed without Scott Stapp. I guess I just needed some closure after I bought Stapp's album. Very good cd, the new lead singer has kind of a Chris Cornell from his Soundgarden era sound.

Greatest Hits by The Band - Probably some of the greatest and most unique classic rock in the history of the world.

Leave a Whisper by Shinedown - Not bad but not that great. Thier two radio play songs are by far the best songs on the album. However, they do have a pretty money acoustic version of Skynards song, Simple Man

Decade by Neil Young - I've always liked Neil Young, just never owned anything of his. This 2 disc set has 35 songs from 1966-1976. Good Stuff.

Strong Tower by Kutless - Awsome worship album. Combines Kutless's intense and driving sound with some standard worship songs as well as a couple originals.

Clean by Shane Barnard and Shane Everett - You just can't beat Shane Barnard, his music never disappoints me. Ive seen him live a couple of times, and not only is he probably one of the greatest acoustic guitar players I know, it is so evident that everything he does it all about Jesus.

So there it is, 7 albums, approximately 90 songs, I think that should tide me over for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home