Tuesday, February 28, 2006

This post is dedicated to Jaclyn, Ben, and Dana

I apologize for not writing anything in the last month. I won't even try to make any exuses or anything. Overall, february was a pretty laid back month. There has been plenty of fun and exciting stuff going on, but I'm pretty sure that some of the happenings of the last several months have skewed my perspective on what is "eventful". I guess overall it has been nice to have things relatively calm. Anyway, although I don't really have anything deep or compelling to say, here is a couple of recent happenings.

My poor dog is pretty pitiful right now. She gashed her foot on piece of gutter in the back yard while playing with a neighbors dog.
In a few short seconds she went from this:

to this


Man, it's a pain. Not only is it pretty expensive to take a dog to emergency vet hospital in the middle of the night, but i have to give her medicine she hates at certain times during the day, have to keep her bandage fresh, have to wrap her foot in plastic every time she goes outside so it doesnt get wet, have to keep her quiet, etc. Anyone who knows Indy knows she hates to keep quiet. Everytime I leave I have to put that stupid cone collar on her so she can't mess with her foot. She hates that too. The sad part is because of where the cut is at, it's gonna take a long time to heal. It's going to be a long month or so...

On a lighter note, I got a package in the mail from the fam for V-day just cause they are cool like that and feel sorry for me because I don't have a girlfriend. Anyway, the package was a box of authentic turkish delight, from Turkey and all. Its really not bad, but of all the things that Edmund could've asked the witch for, i don't think its first choice worthy. Its pretty much just a lump of sugar coated in powdered sugar. I can handle about one and then I need a break. Regardless, it made my day getting it in the mail, so thanks Mom, Joy, and William.



Turkish Delight
(It's my favorite thing) It's my favorite thing
Turkish Delight
(All I want to do) What I wouldn't do, what I wouldn't do
Turkish Delight
(It's my favorite thing) It gets me every time
Turkish Delight
(All I want to do) What I wouldn't give, what I wouldn't give
(What I wouldn't do for her?)
Turkish Delight - David Crowder Band

For Nurt's birthday we were able to go up to winter park on a friday night and crash in a sweet condo the Parrots had rented for the weekend. It is so nice being able to wake up at 7 in the morning and be ten minutes from the mountian instead of the usual 5:30 AM with a 3+ hour drive depending on traffic. It was probably the absolute coldest day I have ever boarded. I thought my face was gonna fall off. We still had alot of fun though and got to catch a little of Kyser and Kohl competing with Team Summit. There was a couple other fun boarding trips as well. I got to go up with my brother Matt while he was out here. He's pretty much a crazy natural born snowboarder. Iv'e also heard Dana is getting getting pretty good as well, she's talking like olympics in 2010 and crazy stuff like that (-; While we are on the subject of boarding, Jeff and I did some night long boarding last weekend in a neighborhood by the foothills. It's a blast! We need to do it more often. Its alot like snowboarding except the frictional coefficient between asphalt and skin is a little higher than that of snow and skin. I don't even remember what frictional coefficient really means but I felt cool saying it and I'm sure you got the point.

My little bro Anthony and his wife Clara closed on a house in Spokane, WA this week so congratulations to them. Rumour has it that they are planning a trip out to CA at the end of april so I will get to fly out there for a few days and meet the nephew! And speaking of California, June's surfing road trip to Cali is a little too far away for me to be this excited about it. Maybe its just the fact that it was 70 degree's yesterday, but my brain is thinking it should be summer time and I should find a beach. We have our beach campsite all reserved for the week of june 24th through the 29th and its gonna be flippin incredible.

Well, I think that's that. Pretty shallow post, but sometimes it is fun to be shallow. You should try it sometime.

4 Comments:

At February 28, 2006 5:28 PM, Blogger Dana said...

woo-hoo! i made the TITLE of your post, as well as being mentioned within it. rad! :) btw - i've always wondered what turkish delight was really like. bummer that it's not as cool as it seemed in narnia...

 
At March 01, 2006 10:21 AM, Blogger Jaclyn said...

Poor Indy! Thanks for the post. I have heard Turkish Delight is not that great... I think your description sounds accurate! BUT, what boy would not want a chunk of sugar to snack on, much less a WHOLE room of sugar...? I'd settle for cheesecake, right, Ben? Tee hee hee...

 
At March 01, 2006 10:45 AM, Blogger BenZ said...

Gasp! He posted and even put my name in the title!!!! I'd like to take this moment to thank all the little people...! Anyway, I like your frictional coeffecient! That is like, totally a smart phrase to throw around and people will be like, "woah what does that mean? You must be a PhD or something." I'll be like "yeah, totally!" Anyway, I do empathize with your canine companion. Rock on Praying Mantis!

 
At March 02, 2006 9:24 AM, Blogger Vince said...

I'm glad you guys like your name in the title, I'll start doing it more often :) And yes Ben, rock on PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home