Tuesday, March 14, 2006

People

There are two things we take with us when we leave this world. Our relationship with God and our relationship with people. Thats a pretty simple statement, one I've heard many times before, but it always seems to hit me at times when I have had a week like this last week. My uncle passed away last friday, and that was pretty tough. He had been pretty sick for awhile, and as of recent the outlook hadnt been good, but nobody was prepared for it to happen so soon. A week ago today I was sitting in his hospital room talking to him. Talking about how excited he was to be able to go back home and see his grandkids and be with his family in his own home. Two days later he was gone. I am extremely grateful for the last few months that we've had the opportunity to spend alot of time together, but it just makes it that much harder as well. We forget how frail and temporary we are, but when we are reminded, it is amazing how fast we realize whats really important. We are not promised tomorrow, but what we do with today can affect eternity. Thats pretty sobering when I think about how I spend alot of my time. Anyway, I could go on but its late and I'm tired so I'll stop. I just want to be able to have this here as a reminder for myself.

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Jaclyn said...

You are exactly right, brother. I am so sorry for all you and your family have been through the last year. People do last forever... and it is certainly a reality check for how I treat people. A sobering thought when I think about how selfish I can be. Look at what Christ did out of His love for people... Oh, to be more like Him. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home